Monday, October 30, 2006

Gah!

Swatches, always knit swatches, everyone says. And I DON'T, because I am, you see, very dumb. I knit a swatch for my sweater because fit was so essential. But for this hat...no. And now I'm paying for it.

I need to learn some lessons the hard way. Like the "Don't Dye Your Hair at Home Using Boxed Dyes from the Drugstore" lesson. My hair looked like shit for years, and now I have vowed never to do it again. And it's starting to look better.

So maybe now I've learned the swatch lesson. Not having a pattern for a kitty hat, I improvised (it's just a tube that tapers to close at one end) but didn't calculate the number of stitches I needed.

Heh, heh.

I just measured the hat. It's over 30 inches (yes INCHES) around. That's like the size of the WAIST of the girl who will wear the damned thing.

I gotta go frog.

Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...