Thursday, February 15, 2007

Knittin' through a fever

Ewww.

I'm si-i-i-i-i-i-ck.

DSC00151_edited
I've been in bed all day, every day, since Sunday night. Blegh. This is pretty much the scene with Wembley around naptime, which is most of the time, I'm afraid.

The good news is that all this prone-ness has given me time to knit (between the frequent naps, mugs and bowls of hot things, and general lying around in misery).

I had this tweedy-green superwash wool in about a sport weight that was originally a scarf and part of a hat. The hat was never finished, the scarf was reinvented at least once, and I was never happy with the yarn in its incarnations. But the yarn is beautiful! It became Christmas knucks for my father (pics still to come, some day), but there was still a lot hanging around, waiting to become something fun. Not enough for a real project for me.....but enough for Wembley!
DSC00142_editedDSC00139_edited
It's a teeny aran-style sweater. A pretty cable braid up the spine, a little ribbing on each side, a 1x1 ribbed split-collar (with a snazzy paprika stripe) and: bobbles on the bum! It's a snug fit, and covers her all the way to her skinny hairless belly. It's a bit of a challenge to get on her if she doesn't feel like being cooperative, but it keeps her warmer than anything else we have for her, and that's important given the weather we've been having here lately.

And the stockings are on three needles! It took forever. I had to frog that toe at least three times (maybe more) but it seems to be working out so far. I'm keeping careful notes, so I'm hoping to post an accurate recipe for my little creation. Here's hoping all goes well, and here's a pic of our progress to date:
DSC00152_edited

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...