Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What's that again? or, UFO, or, Unbelievably, a Finished Object!

Yep. I knit something. And I finished it. And I've worn it. Awesome.

urchin1

Pattern: Urchin by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Sheepjes Inca in Wine
Needles: 7mm
Modifications: Hmm, I needed a small-medium sized hat, but the yarn was of a finer gauge than the yarn suggested in the pattern, so I began by knitting a medium, but it was a little smallish due to the yarn substitution. So I reknit it in the large size, and now it's a little on the loose side. Argh. I'll probably frog and reknit on 6.5mm needles this weekend to snug up the fabric. Still, the hat is fab, and the pattern is PERFECT! I think I've just become a very big fan of Ysolda's!

The split-neck raglan hasn't had any progress at all, and I have one almost FO to show off in the next few weeks, so there will be more to come, I promise! To tide you over, here is a little bit of Wembley!

Wembley nose

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That doesn't even look like Urchin! But I mean that in a good way as I never really "felt" that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. I love your Urchin! Very chic.

    And who could resist that doggie face?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...