Thursday, April 04, 2013

screen-free

This past week, I have made a simple but surprisingly effective change to our day. The laptop's shut, the television off, and I have kept myself off the couch except to nurse Bubby.

glee

It has made all the difference. Our days fall into rhythm almost easily, almost without trying at all. The girls play calmly. My patience has increased many-fold.

girls and cups

Dishes are washed. Laundry is hung. Songs get sung. Stories get told. Tidying happens. I'm poring over Waldorf resources, taking notes, making plans. I spend the morning washing up and sitting at the dining room table reading while the girls play alone in the living room. It all just works.

It's putting a crimp in composing posts, to be sure, but it's worth it. So very worth it.

boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...